The Art of Hosting & harvesting conversations that matter
How can we nurture more meaningful conversations?
The Art of Hosting and harvesting conversations that matter: is a highly effective way of harnessing the collective wisdom and self-organizing capacity of groups of any size.
Who should attend
People eager to build stronger partnerships with each other and within their community, including service providers, community workers, government officers and decision makers, volunteers, advocates, activists, future makers, citizens and anyone interested in community action.
This commitment by the Sunshine Coast Council and the ADCQ came out of the strategic conversation held in May this year. It is about honing into the skills and building our capacity to use the Art of Hosting methods to collaborate for improved communities, teams and organisations.
Through this event you will walk away with:
- A taster in the Art of Hosting practices & methodologies.
- An introduction into the Circle Way, World Cafe, and Open Space Technology.
- Connections with innovative thinkers from a diverse range of backgrounds and perspectives around questions that matter.
- Experience of work with principles of mutual respect, shared responsibility and partnership.
- Inspiration to try these processes in small groups in your community, family or team.
Penny Hamilton. An Art of Hosting and Circle Way practitioner who works to kindle leadership at all levels of organisations and communities.
- When: Monday, 5th November 2018
- Where: Flame Tree Baptist Church, Coes Creek Road, Nambour
- Cost: $40 per person including catering. We are also providing some bursaries to community members and service users. Places are limited please contact Enda Cotter to discuss.
- Register for the event
- Download 'The Art of Hosting & Harvesting conversations that matter' flyer in a print friendly format. (PDF File, 215.0 KB)
- For further information contact Enda Cotter on (07) 3021 9150 or firstname.lastname@example.org