Resources for building an inclusive workplace
The material in this kit is designed to assist employers with setting out their commitment to tackle discrimination and sexual harassment, and to promote equality and diversity in areas such as recruitment, training and management.
These are important steps on the way to creating an inclusive workplace.
Download the kit as a single word or pdf file, or use the links to access individual chapters.
Tools for creating a discrimination and harassment free workplace
- Checklist for creating a fair and inclusive workplace
- Checklist for developing and implementing a policy on discrimination and sexual harassment
- Sample policy - discrimination and sexual harassment
- Sample policy - complaints procedure
- The purpose and role of Equity Contact Officers
- Sample role description – Equity Contact Officer
- Sample statistical data collection form
Tools for managing discrimination and sexual harassment complaints in the workplace
- DOs and DON'Ts for managers who are responsible for dealing with complaints of discrimination or sexual harassment
- Tips for dealing with a person who makes a complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment
- Tips for dealing with a person accused of discrimination or sexual harassment
- Tips for managers on keeping records about complaints of discrimination or sexual harassment.