Creating a safe space to discuss age discrimination can be a useful first-step in developing an age-friendly workplace. Here are some suggested conversation starters to open up discussion and inform action to create an age-friendly workplace.
- What processes does our workplace have for identifying and managing potential age discrimination?
- What is our workplace doing to promote an age-friendly culture?
- How might our recruitment practices be influenced by unconscious bias or age stereotypes?
- What policies and resources do we have in our workplace that promote inclusion of all ages?
- What opportunities are there in our workplace for cross-generational collaboration?
- What can we do to leverage the unique skills and talents of different age groups?