Human Rights Bill 2018 information sessions
The Queensland government introduced the Human Rights Bill 2018 into parliament on 31 October. Queenslanders are being given the opportunity to have a say on the bill and possible implementation of a Human Rights Act in Queensland. Before you have your say, find out what a Human Rights Act would mean for everyday Queenslanders and the key elements of the current bill. The Commission, in partnership with A Human Rights Act for Queensland campaign will be answering questions including:
- Why do we need a Human Rights Act?
- Who will be protected by a Human Rights Act?
- How will a Human Rights Act operate in Queensland?
- Who will have responsibilities under a Human Rights Act?
- How can I make a submission on the Human Rights Bill?
Register for an information session here:
- Brisbane: Friday 16 November, 9:30am-11:30am at Community Meeting Room, Ground Floor, Brisbane Square Library.
- Townsville: Friday 16 November 2018, 9am-11am at ADCQ Townsville, Ground Floor, 187-209 Stanley Street, Townsville.
- Cairns: Monday 19 November 2018, 10am-12pm at Cairns Regional Council, Civic Reception Room, 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns.
- Rockhampton: Monday 19 November 2018, 10am - 12pm at Centacare Rockhampton, 16 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton